Web Designer and Developer
We are seeking someone who can help us with continued Web Design and Development of our corporate website. For the right individual, this would be a part time freelancer contract, starting at 10-12 hrs/week. Depending on our monthly needs and your availability, additional time maybe discussed. Our new website is based on Webflow and we strongly prefer to find someone who is familiar with this platform. And finally, since we are a small team in a fast paced startup environment, we strongly prefer working with individual designers to support small indigenous enterprising professionals, as opposed to agencies.
Is this You?
- Are you someone who has such a sense of pride in their work that you obsess about every shade of blue, every curve of the font and every emotion that your design may evoke?
- Have you been always told that you naturally have great design and visualization skills?
- Are you an out of the box thinker? If so - send us some relevant examples of what you have designed!
- Are you a self-motivated individual who can work with minimal direction and can collaborate with teams?
- Are you a fast learner?
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Design and Web Design
- Proficient in the Art of Visual Communication
- Interaction Design
- User Experience Design that goes beyond just the UI a user is experiencing on a given screen
- UI prototyping using HTML/CSS and where needed, a bit of JS
- Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop / Sketch
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of the customer and mindset of the audience for whom you are designing.
- Ability to come with design concepts such that they echoes the message being communicated to the audience by the brand & the business
- You are someone who not only has a very good design aesthetic but has the ability to quickly iterate & improvise on your designs, while collaborating with the team
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate & communicate problems and solutions. This is a marketing site, so a strong sense of marketing from a content standpoint is highly desirable (even though you won't be the primary content writer)
- A team player who can incorporate feedback from all stakeholders.
- Experienced in crafting state-of-the-art websites and web apps (have some examples to show)
- Experienced working in startup environments with minimal structure & guidanc
What’s in it for You
- Be at the Cutting Edge : Build sites to market Cutting edge Technology Products and be involved in the future of AI
- Team : Collaborate with a diverse enthusiastic team of Technologists and Assistants to help them achieve their mission. We think we have a lot to offer and hope that you do too! Freelancer or not, we believe in developing human relationships when we work together
- Ownership & empowerment: We are a very small team - so there’s no politics & no non-sense! You'll have the creative freedom but sufficient guidance from others
- Cash compensation : of-course.
- Work From Anywhere: Our team has been geo-distributed since times we can't remember 🌍
- Work directly with the Founder & CEO and rest of the strong founding team. We are still small and you can grow with us.
This is a part-time contract role which will work best for freelancers; you can be based anywhere. However, you must be willing to have the flexibility to be available to work in US CST, as needed.