Product UX Designer (Contract/Freelance)
We are seeking someone who can help us with a complete UX overhaul of Roger for Teams Web App. This involves re-thinking user journeys & experiences to offer a very intuitive User Experience. For now, this is a contract position for this one project only. Since we are a small team in a fast paced startup environment, we strongly prefer working with individual designers to support small indigenous enterprising professionals, as opposed to agencies.
If you are interested -
- Please send a note to email@example.com with a short description of yourself, a CV and a link to some example products where you may have played a lead UX designer role.
- We are looking for someone immediately.
- If we think you might be a fit, we'll send you a link to try out the existing Web application, so you can develop an understanding of what's needed and develop a high level scope & proposal.
Is this You?
- Are you a problem solver at your core who excels in using visual communication as a medium to simple solutions to user problems?
- Are you experienced in creating User Journeys for Tech Products that offer intuitive & delightful user experiences?
- Are you someone who has such a sense of pride in their work that you obsess about every shade of blue, every curve of the font and every emotion that your design may evoke?
- Have you been always told that you naturally have great design and visualization skills?
- Are you an out of the box thinker? If so - send us some relevant examples of what you have designed!
- Are you a self-motivated individual who can work with minimal direction and can collaborate with teams?
- Are you a fast learner?
Required Skills & Qualifications
- You have 5+ years of experience leading Product UX design for a tech team and have worked with a team of Front-End/Back-End engineers in order to bring your UX/UI designs to life
- UX Design skills
- Visual & Web Design
- Proficient in the Art of Visual Communication
- User Interaction Design - an ability to extrapolate user interactions that go beyond what's provided in the high level user journey spec and ensuring that all aspects of user journey are detailed in your design
- User Experience Design that goes beyond just the UI a user is experiencing on a given screen.
- UI prototyping using Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop / Sketch
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of the user and mindset of the audience for whom you are designing.
- Ability to create with design concepts such that they echoes the message being communicated to the audience by the brand & the business
- You are someone who not only has a very good design aesthetic but has the ability to quickly iterate & improvise on your designs, while collaborating with the team
- Great communication skills and ability to articulate & communicate problems and solutions.
- A team player who can incorporate feedback from all stakeholders.
- Experienced in crafting state-of-the-art web apps (have some examples to show)
- Experienced working in startup environments with minimal structure & guidance
What’s in it for You
- Be at the Cutting Edge : Build an app to market Cutting edge Technology Products and be involved in the future of AI
- Team : Collaborate with a diverse enthusiastic team of Technologists and Assistants to help them achieve their mission. We think we have a lot to offer and hope that you do too! Freelancer or not, we believe in developing human relationships when we work together
- Ownership & empowerment: We are a very small team - so there’s no politics & no non-sense! You'll have the creative freedom coupled withsufficient guidance from others
- Cash compensation : of-course.
- Work From Anywhere: Our team has been geo-distributed since times we can't remember 🌍
- Work directly with the Founder & CEO and rest of the strong founding team. We are still small and you can grow with us.
This is a contract role for one project, which will work best for freelancers; you can be based anywhere. However, you must be willing to have the flexibility to be available to work in US CST, as needed.