PS: In addition to excellent writing skills, we'll prioritize applicants with subject matter expertise from Meeting Planning, Events, Conferences, Business Travel industry
Our Vision and Content Strategy for OK Roger
We aim for OK Roger to be the best in class modern platform to simplify business travels that appeals to travelers and management alike. While anyone can use the platform individually, we believe the best way to get OK Roger in hands of traveling employees is by offering it as a B2B platform. To this end, we continue to develop value added modules that appeal to people across broad set of roles in organization (such as event and meeting planners, executives, finance, HR etc.).
Our current key focus area is to help meeting and event planners easily plan and book guest travel. e.g. Event management companies can easily offer OK Roger to their clients as an additional service and expand the portfolio of services they offer.
In addition to the Traveler, choice of a Travel platform impacts almost every stakeholder in your team. In line with the above, our target audience is quite broad.
Our Key Points of Differentiation
- Unlike traditional web portals or apps, OK Roger offers every Traveler a smart personal assistant
- You message Roger on platforms that your team already uses, such as Slack, MS Teams and many others. You can even message Roger on Facebook
- Roger is proactive - using your data to help you. Unlike consumer companies who often sell your personal data on 3rd party data exchanges, we don't sell your data or do anything else with it.
- Unlike other Travel Agencies, we don't markup prices of tickets; nor are we bound to sell inventory that we previously bought. Roger will even book you a flight or hotel room that you text him a screenshot of!
Who Are we Looking for
- You have a background of writing for one or more of the following industries - Meetings and Planning Travel, Incentive Travel, Business Travel, Travel
- You must have a passion for growth, marketing and business.
- You are a storyteller and can do compelling research to cite meaningful expert quotes and data to support your thesis
- You have excellent writing skills (of-course)
- You can come up with story ideas with minimal guidance
- You love to write!
- Conversational, easily going tone
- Must help readers with new insights and learn from examples
- Does not follow conventional 5 paragraph essay format; rather short concise paragraphs that are easy to read - fully formatted sections to make posts easy to skim through
What You Will Do
After reading through everything above, here’s the exercise that you’ll need to complete to become one of our regular contributors.
- Kindly send an email describing why you are interested in being an contributor and what makes you a fit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pitch 3 story headlines that you’d potentially like to write based on what you’ve read here and after navigating our site
- If the headlines fit with our content strategy, then we’ll have you write one of the stories.
- After we review your piece, if we like it, then we’ll pay you for the post, publish it on our blog, and you’ll become a regular contributor. If it doesn’t meet our standards, we will not use it, and you’ll have full rights to the post
Thanks again for your interest.